I have uploaded another video. Click here for a video about Mother’s Day. I hope as you watch it, you will remember:
- Your mother, whether she is a member of the Church Militant or the Church Triumphant.
- Those other women in your life who were like a mother to you, women like a beloved grandmother, aunt, foster-mother, teacher, Sunday school teacher, mentor, daughters, daughter’s in law, the mother’s of our grandchildren, etc.
- Those men among us should not forget to appreciate the mother of our children.
- Those women who wanted to be mothers, but have not enjoyed that privilege. Many of them have been like mothers to children in our churches and communities.
- Those mothers who have lost children, including Mary, the mother of Jesus, who had a sword pierce her own soul, too.
- Those children who have lost mothers, for there are many of us.
- Our mother the church which is being severely tested and tried through the forced separation that is due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- While you are remembering and praying, do not forget a prayer for yourself.
My mother loved Psalm 121. I offer it up for your consideration:
Psa. 121 A Song of Ascents. 1 I lift up my eyes to the hills. From whence does my help come? 2 My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. 3 He will not let your foot be moved, he who keeps you will not slumber. 4 Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade on your right hand. 6 The sun shall not smite you by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. 8 The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore. [If you are interested in the use of videos continue to page 2]