All members are regular attenders are invited to join one of the following “Dream Teams”. The overview of the process is below the team descriptions.
Bringing Our Priority Ministry Dreams To Life
- The “Soul Tenders” are passionate about deepening our relationships with God, ourselves, and one another. Their dreams include growth in the areas of:
Prayer Worship Music Spiritual Formation Bible Study
Christian Education Small Groups Socials Close-knit Fellowship
2. The “Good Newsers” are passionate about Christian witness and growing our membership. Their dreams include growth in the areas of:
Evangelism Visitation Assimilation of Visitors
3. The “Gospel Livers” are passionate about servant ministry in both words and deeds. They are energized to grow our membership and to address critical spiritual, emotional, and physical needs beyond our church family.
Living the Gospel Missions Community Outreach
4. The “Young Jesus Peeps” team is passionate about Christian faith development among children and teens. Their dreams include growth in the areas of:
Children’s activities Christian Education for Children and Youth VBS Nurture for Parents Youth Service Projects/Mission Team
Collaborating with Other Youth Groups Regular Youth Activities
5. The “Wineskinners” are passionate about the ongoing sustainability of the church. Their dreams include attending to:
Fiscal sustainability Effective governance structure Personnel
Provincial Connections Organizing For Creative Mission-based Ministry
“DREAM TEAMS” OVERVIEW
Fries Memorial Moravian Church
- “Jumpstart” priority areas of ministry and missions as identified in
our Faithful Future for Fries planning process.
- Generate innovation and creativity across all ministry and outreach efforts.
- Deepen our dynamic faith, commitment, and a collaborative spirit.
- Nurture respect for the diverse faith perspectives within our congregation and among those we serve.
- Fan the flames for an infectious enthusiasm and witness of God’s transforming effect on lives engaged in Christ’s service here and in our community.
- Enjoy life-giving worship, ministry, and relationships that bring glory to God.
- A Faithful Future for Fries planning day identifying ministry priorities. (11/12/17)
- Joint Board selects top priorities (1/23/18)
- Town Hall meeting with widespread participation; All individuals are asked to commit to one “Dream Team” of their choosing. (1/28/18)
- Teams identify several small, practical “next steps” by Easter Sunday (4/1/18).
- Teams begin implementing a creative ministry initiative by Pentecost (5/20/18).
- Each Dream Team to develop its’ own (creative) name, meeting schedule, priorities, and action steps based on team decision-making (collaborating with other teams and church boards as sensible). There are no pre-set agendas for teams. They create their own action steps as they have the vision and energy to implement them.
- Teams create brief monthly summaries of meetings and ministry activities.
- Teams share highlights of ministry initiatives in worship and newsletters.
- Beyond the life of the teams, the Joint Board will oversee sustaining any longer-term Dream Team initiatives.
- Teams are envisioned as lasting 6-12 mo. with the option of extending.
- If operating longer than 12 months, team members are given the option of recommitting to, or declining, longer service on that team.